Philadelphia, PA asked in Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania

Q: Hello my name is Jonathan T. I have had a medical issue since I was a child(13) and was diagnosed with gastroentoritis.

Gastroentoritis is something that needs to be handled with care on what food you may eat containing to greasy or sauce or acid things of that such.They proceeded to tell me I had to have a emergency surgery because the doctor said it was something that they THOUGhT was going to cause problems in the future and so they removed my gullbladder. Well I am 27 years old now I still to this day in 2020 have severe stomach problems I am in the hospital a couple times a month.

After my gullbladder was removed I was told my stomach issues were from smoking. They did multiple catscans and xrays throughout the years. Recently I was in the hospital again and they did a scope procedure down my stomach and so I was diagnosed with an ulcer even on my paperwork well now I am being told it is not an ulcer and that it could be an intestine. Tell me how I would go about this as a lawsuit

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal with these conditions. This is a very complex situation. It also involves a very long timeline. These elements could make it daunting for a plaintiff's attorney. The best way to evaluate the matter would probably be to approach Pennsylvania med mal attorneys to try to arrange a consultation. Attorneys who handle these types of cases generally offer free initial consults. If an attorney expressed an interest in the case, they would likely need to request the file and review the documents with a medical professional. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.