Dayton, OH asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: How can I clear up a probation violation from 2008 in a state I no longer live in.

I pleaded no contest to a DUI in Florida in 2007 and received probation. During my probation, two weeks before I moved to Ohio I violated the probation for a possession of paraphernalia. I never received a court date for the violation so when my probation ended I thought the issue was resolved. Since then I have been denied the ability to purchase a firearm and denied the ability to get a passport due to being a "fugitive from justice". What can I do to resolve this remotely without going back to Florida.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I seriously recommend you hire a Criminal Defense Attorney in Florida.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.