Murphy, NC asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for North Carolina

Q: My brother is in probate sister removed as mom's guardian. Can I enter the case so I can give the judge a proposal?

My brother has been in court for 2 years to try to get my sister removed as Mom's guardian. He has kept me out of the process to care for my parents and my sister is against all of us. I want to enter the case to give the judge a proposal to just remove all siblings from the parents care. My brother is Trustee for both parents and cares for my dad but my sister wants to take mom from dad and not allow us to see her.

1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You can file a motion to have the guardian removed and seek the appointment of a neutral guardian, or you have the right to appear at any hearing and present your testimony in support of your brothers motion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.