Cary, NC asked in Child Custody for North Carolina

Q: Can I request a work schedule from my ex’s employer if the custody order says “if he is off work”

He often withholds if he is working or not bc he and step mom say it isn’t my business. How can I (primary custody) enforce an order if I am not aware of he is lying. Often the girls are with their step mother and not him. He has every other weekend and Wednesdays if he isn’t working. He often manipulates things if it’s talked about verbally. So I try to keep everything in text. Can I contact his employer for his work schedule to be able to follow the order as it states?Also his wife tries to enforce group text communication only.

He as well turns things in to me trying to have the girls more or keeping them from him when I enforce the order. Often gaslighting instead of addressing the situation or what I have pointed out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Yes

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.