Irving, TX asked in Adoption and Family Law for Texas

Q: How can I stop an adoption process from an ex?

I was in a relationship for x years and I received conservativorship over my niece and during the process I was in a relationship which we are no longer together. I've been taken to court to modify an order that they weren't a part of and they requested standing, judge didn't rule and case went into briefing and is still open. Now I'm being served that one of the bio parents relinquished their rights and is conferring an adoption while the other parent still has their rights and I am still conservator. Please help, I need insight I can furnish all details upon contact.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You have a very complicated situation that cannot be answered in this forum.

You should hire an attorney to assist you with this.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.