Asked in Child Custody for North Carolina

Q: Soo I’m 18 and my boyfriend is 16 turning 17 and I’m pregnant will we get in trouble? The legal age of consent is 16

Sooo I’m 18 and my boyfriend is turning 17 I’m pregnant.. he lives in North Carolina where the legal age of consent is 16 now I have 3 questions: can we get in trouble?

Can a minor recognize a baby legally?

I live in France and my baby will need a non immigrant visa to see daddy for that I’ll need a copy of his passport can he provide me that being a minor?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Ok, that's a lot. No, there is no criminal exposure, you are correct the age of consent is 16.

Yes a minor can recognize his child legally, however he will need to have a guardian and listen appointed to him.

Yes he can provide a passport.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.