Shirley, NY asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut

Q: Small claims Lawsuit in CT. I have already served the defendant before but have to serve again. She moved. What to do?

I have filed a lawsuit in CT in regards to a car accident where the defendant was drunk driving. I have served her initially and she argued that I didn’t include the proof of service so the claim should be denied. The judge ordered me to re serve her and after several attempts and after hiring a state Marshall I was notified she doesn’t live there anymore. She hasn’t notified me or the court where she moved to. What should I do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: If she was DUI, check with the DA's office victim assistance coordinator. Also why are you suing her--if you have collision, let your company do that. Also, you likley have an injury claim. Contact the office of Michael Koskoff--they give free consults. Tell him I suggested you call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.