Boston, MA asked in Child Custody for Rhode Island

Q: How do i get sole custody of my daughter due to her getting pregnant at 12yrs old mom hid it from me for 5months

We have joint custody we have 3 minor children together mom has placement. She ous suppose to communicate with me but doesn't. She constantly moves never in the same place for more than 6 months sometimes it takes me quite some time to findout new address and she never tells me what school my kids are going too. I tried to file a motion but cannot afford to pay for it. I need immediate assistance she is in contempt but i can't afford it please help me out. My daughter doesn't know who the father is and mom thinks it's a game thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Call the RI bar association for a referral. You may qualify for a reduced fee attorney. Good Luck.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.