Pawtucket, RI asked in Real Estate Law for Rhode Island

Q: how can make estate agencies to stop selling my home with their predicted price on their own sight

I own property with area avarge sale price 75000 dollars. The government assignment value is 22000 dollars

Real Estate agencies more than one forcing me to sell it cheep as less than 10000 dollars by listing it on their own site without my permission

How can I stop them

Can I sue them if they refused to listen to me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst

A: Nobody can force you to sell your house. If a realtor is offering your house for SALE without your permission you should file a complaint with

the Rhode Island Board of Realtors and also the Rhode Island Department of Consumer Protection.

However do be sure they are really listing your house for SALE. Some sites like Zillow only provide information and estimates of value for all houses whether or not they are on the market. They are not offering them for sale.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.