Falls Church, VA asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: I was issued 221(g) during my visa stamping in 2018. How should I answer "Have you been denied a US visa?" in my DS-160?

I was issued 221(g) in India in 2018 and granted the visa two months later without being asked any additional information. The form I received was in white color. I am still employed with the same company as the one during my that visa stamping. I will be going to get my visa stamped again and wanted to understand how I should answer "Have you been refused a US visa?" in my DS-160 form.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allen C. Ladd
Allen C. Ladd
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes, you have been refused. Section 221(g) is a refusal. The visa officer or staff will see from their records that the visa was later granted.

Important: Just be sure to answer the question honestly. Don't try to hide it -- no reason to, it won't stop you from getting a visa, while concealing information can be considered fraud.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.