Lewisville, TX asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Texas

Q: How can a so called charge from the seventys hold up a arrainment hearing no related.

I'm 61 in real trouble for first time in my life. I'm told back in 70's I had a charge for something to do with stealing property out of a car. First I've heard of it so I told them just that. My current sentencing has been delayed until more info fount saying I was charged . There isn't anything to find because it never happened as far as my memory . for 7 mths they been looking for such record . they are looking to hand me a harder sentence for current issue and won't give up. How is this possible?

1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You must have this conversation with your attorney; no one in this forum has any idea who told you about, "back in 70's (there was) a charge for something to do with stealing property out of a car". Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.