Miami, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: My brother pays for child support In Puerto Rico his ex wife does not allow visitation to see his daughters .

2 Lawyer Answers
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. Your brother has to file a motion requesting visitation. This will have the Court regulate the visitation process and garantee his right to have visitation with his daughters. The Court will obligate the Mother to allow visitation and paternal relationships. It is a very good idea to have an Attorney do this on behalf of your brother. Have him contact me directly for additional information.

Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings and thank you for requesting our assistance through this platform. Your brother has parental and visitation rights that can be ratified through a court of law by filling a motion to request a hearing so he can have his parental and visitation rights. The Court will oversee that this is for the well being and best interest of the child in order to regulate and guarantee them. As soon as he files this motion, the mother has the right to present to the court her allegations and say about this request, She, through her legal representation will present to the court her say about the pros and cons on the visitation rights. The court may hire a social worker to do an evaluation and report of the findings to recommend what is the best course of action for the well being of the child. Based on this process, the Court will allow visitation and paternal right to better the relationship. It is highly recommendable to hire a legal representative due to the nature of the process. I you have any other questions or are in need of our firms assistance, don't hesitate to contact us directly. we will be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.