New York, NY asked in Civil Litigation for Maryland

Q: I am looking to hire an attorney to help me with admission to Maryland Federal Court. I am admitted in NY Fed Court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph D. Allen
Joseph D. Allen
  • Hunt Valley, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If you mean pro hac vice, that is simple enough. Regular admission requires some work by the sponsor if they don't know you:

Each applicant to the bar must be sponsored by an active member of this Court’s bar. The sponsor must know the applicant for at least one year. See Local Rule 701.2.a.

If a sponsor has not known the applicant for at least one year, the applicant must also include (1) the applicant’s resume and (2) the contact information for two references who are attorneys but not necessarily members of this Court’s bar. The sponsor must confirm with the two references that the applicant possess the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities as an attorney to satisfy the requirements of membership in this Court’s bar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.