Asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: My son went to child support court he has 5 kids..he makes 1386 before taxes. His child support was set a 570 for one c

Case and 340 for the other Wich leaves him with nothing to live off of...hes this legal we are in alabama thats 1386 monthly income

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jared Dale Vaughn
Jared Dale Vaughn
  • Gadsden, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Child support is statutory and although there are exceptions, it might be time to retain the services of an attorney in that jurisdiction to determine what the proper amount is and file the proper paperwork with the courts to achieve the same.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.