Los Angeles, CA asked in Personal Injury for California

Q: Should I file a motion to compel if no response to disc-001 but has responded to special roggs? California civil case.

Defendant did not respond to general form interrogatories (disc-001) but provided response to special roggs, request for admissions and production of documents. California unlimited civil case.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: I would contact a local personal injury attorney to help you with your case. They will be able to give you advice tailored to your case.

Theodore Allan Greene
Theodore Allan Greene
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You certainly can force them to respond by filing a motion to compel. But I would suggest you consider hiring an attorney to help you because the case could become much more difficult as you move forward with many deadlines that can't be missed. Doing it without the help of an experienced attorney could be problematic.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.