Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: I need to file for support but dont know where my son's father is and i know he has no job.how will I be paid?

I haven't seen or spoke to my son's father in years .but he is a known drug addict and has no job.will i even get support cause I know he doesnt have a job or any money ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jared Dale Vaughn
Jared Dale Vaughn
  • Gadsden, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: It can be ordered, but it is unlikely that he complies with the order voluntarily. Retaining counsel or seeing if DHR can assist would be my advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.