Houston, TX asked in Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Mississippi

Q: What is my recourse for landlord inaction to contaminates in my apartment that are causing skin rash and constant itch?

Also have mold growing in the apartment due to the leaks in the windows and doors. The contaminates are coming out of the cracks in the walls. I’m vacuuming twice a day trying to keep ahead of the waxy particulates that are coming from the walls getting worse it’s been three months it is negatively effecting every aspect of my life.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You may need to speak with two different attorneys here. Maybe the more pressing issues are those involving habitability in your apartment. Contact a landlord-tenant attorney to discuss your remedies under Mississippi L-T law. You could also contact a personal injury attorney. However, based on the symptoms described, it might not be a case an attorney would handle on a contingency (no recovery - no attorney fee) because the scale of damages might be out of proportion with the high cost of litigating the matter, which could involve costly sampling and analysis. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.