Pass Christian, MS asked in Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi

Q: I have a problem with allergens Coming from the wall and mold in my apartment.. Have told management for three months

Management has started replacing the carpet room by room which is causing little improvement.. Still have problem with mold that nobody has addressed. I bought a dehumidifier and purifier for air which I will not be

Reimbursed for.. I’m having fun with itching and rashes so bad it is affecting my life negatively... would like to know if I have any recourse in the situation....

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: It could depend if you have medical documentation and you could establish the connection between your symptoms and the mold. These can be tough cases. See if a local injury attorney would offer you a free initial consult. You could also contact a landlord-tenant attorney to discuss how these issues impact your rights as a tenant. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.