Indianapolis, IN asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Indiana

Q: I need advice getting out of my grandmas house she’s mentally abusive towards me n I’m at my breaking point

I can’t go back to my moms yet untill an old step parent of mine is gone my boufriend has offered to talk to his mom and let me stay there but I don’t think I can leave with out her calling the cops after a while sayin I’ve run way and I do t wanna be charged for runaway when I wanted to get out of there

1 Lawyer Answer
Kurt Schnepper
Kurt Schnepper
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Evansville, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It sounds like DCS is involved with your family, or was involved anyway. If my assumption is correct, I'd suggest you reach out to your caseworker and talk to them about your situation. But if you feel you are truly being abused then you should call 911, or contact any attorney who would make the report for you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.