Carlisle, PA asked in Foreclosure for Pennsylvania

Q: PA - reverse mortgage, last lender died. Heir and Executor - how can I save house?

I'm sole heir by will, last lender died (my mother). Fiancee and I have been living with her as caretakers (she had alzheimers) and currently reside in the home as our residence, with nowhere else to go. Possible at ALL to save the home? Have a student loan and make maybe 16,000 or so a year - cannot get financing or even BUY a home without the equity of the current home. They give the options to short-sale (even to myself) or to deed in lieu, but trying to figure out if there is ANYTHING we can do to secure the home to live in it, as we've really NOWHERE else to go.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Boyertown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I assume you mean that your mother was the borrower on the Note and Mortgage, that either her will named you as sole heir to the house, or if no will, that you are an only child.

Yes, it is possible to save the house, but more of your financial facts are needed, as well as a real appraisal of the house's value. A chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding is designed to save the residence.

I'd be happy to discuss these issues with you, if you provide additional financial information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.