Fraser, MI asked in Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania

Q: Do I have a medical malpractice case?

In September I was pregnant and went to the hospital for what I thought was contractions. The doctor ordered a ultrasound because it was not contractions. Ultrasound showed gallstones. After pregnancy (February) I went to meet a surgeon for my gallbladder and gave him the ultrasound report. Oh the report it also says clear as day that I have a kidney blockage. This was never mentioned, or addressed to me and never mentioned in the medical notes. The surgeon was very concerned about this and said he would not remove my gallbladder until my kidney was taken care of. Sent me for a CT which still shows I have some sort of blockage and the surgeon wants me seen by urology ASAP because this left untreated this long can cause irreversible kidney damage. So I for one could have kidney damage (I’ll find out more Wednesday) AND I have be in miserable pain every day because the surgeon cant remove my gallbladder with the kidney blocked.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. A Pennsylvania attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for three weeks. A good first step could be to contact a Pennsylvania med mal attorney. I hope your follow-up on Wednesday did not reveal kidney damage. An attorney could request your file and review records with a medical professional, determining whether there was a breach of duty that would form the basis for a case. Most attorneys in this area offer free initial consults. Additionally, most med mal attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning that legal fees are handled as a percentage of recovery. However, these are things to be discussed with individual attorneys you might contact. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.