Hendersonville, TN asked in Collections, Consumer Law and Contracts for Tennessee

Q: Our company hired a debt collection agency to handle our delinquent accounts. Never paid on money collected.

Our company hired a debt collection agency to handle our delinquent accounts. We have proof that they collected on at least $9150 on one account. They never paid us & we have been trying to get our money paid back to us & they are unreachable. Where do we need to report them & what can we do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You will have to hire an attorney to find out to to serve the Defendant. Then sue, hopefully in a Tennessee Court, but probably you might have to go to the State where you agreed in writing to litigate. Federal

Court probably does not have enough money for jurisdiction here. There may be a FDCA violation also.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.