Las Vegas, NV asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Texas

Q: Can I file harassment or file for restraining order and will it violate his probation

I’m pregnant And the guy by keeps messaging me and harassing I blocked # and he makes fake accounts to contact me then he’s threatening to post my personal photos online I’m tired of this I just need it to stop

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you want to stop it, send only this precise message:

"Do not ever communicate with me again by any means, either directly or indirectly. All messages from you harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend me in violation of Section 42.07 of the Texas Penal Code."

If he continues to do it two or more times then apply for a Stalking protective order through the District Attorney's office or hire a private attorney to help you pursue the application. (See chapter 7A Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.