Nazareth, PA asked in Car Accidents, Employment Law and Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: If I was working for a company and got into an accident do I pay the ticket?

I was working for my cousin and I was driving one of his work trucks and rear ended someone on the toll way near Addison I got a citation for driving to fast in unsafe road conditions my cousin told me he would handle my fine and took money off of my paycheck to do so because I was moving back home to Pennsylvania and then I get a letter from penndot saying I failed to appear in court when I never got notice from anyone and now I’m stuck with a $174 fine and a suspended license until I pay it and since this time my cousin no longer speaks to me go figure so I was really wonder is there anything I can do to get out of it or anything

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: At this point, pay the fine so you can get rolling then hassle with your relative. If they took money out of your paycheck, they must use it for that purpose.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.