Reynoldsburg, OH asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Ohio

Q: If my 17 yr old son gets someone pregnant do I have to pay for the baby? She will be 18 in May. Muskingum county

They have been talking about wanting a baby I have done everything I can to keep them apart. But he sneaks out. If they get pregnant do I have to pay support for the baby? She will be 18 in May 2020 and he will be 18 in September 2020.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Unless she is pregnant already, the baby would be born after both are 18, and no longer minors. She would pay medical expenses for the delivery, then she can file for him to pay child support until the child reaches age 18.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.