Anaheim, CA asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Mississippi

Q: I filed a excessive force lawsuit on mississippi department of corrections for the behalf of my son who was assaulted

The excesivevforce lawsuit was taken on by an attorney from Jackson MS he recently closed the case in the middle of the demand letter.without a good reason why is that he had higher and better cases to work on .i am still in as and dumbfounded I've already sent a letter to the Mississippi Bar .so what do you think I should do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You should definitely reach out to another lawyer about the case to discuss further. I'd be curious to know whether the other lawyer brought the case under the tort claims act or under a 1983 theory. Regardless, you need to reach out to a lawyer ASAP, as there are some very particular strict time constraints when it comes to suing the state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.