Sandusky, OH asked in Immigration Law for Ohio

Q: Hello, E2 Visa issued on January 02, 2018-Germany E2 Visa Holder: Husband E2 Visa Dependent - wife (Holding a EAD

1) Can we open a second company that is 100% husband and put wife as an employee?

2) Does husband/wife have to keep everything in one company?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: You should be consulting the immigration attorney that assisted you with the E-2 application. You can inquire with the attorney about your plans to expand your business venture. If you proceed without expert guidance you can actually jeopardize your E-2 status.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.