Youngstown, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: I was charged with misuse of credit card of $ 600.00 (F5).Is it possible thru arbitration to red to M1

Last fall, I had been struggling with alcohol after a myriad of traumatic life events occurred( have all proof/ documents). While intoxicated, I was at Hollywood Gaming in Austintown,OH. I played slots, but mostly used Ohio Lottery Machine to purchase tickets, as I had previously done (have bank statements to corroborate) . Approx on 10/7/20, while in a blackout, (not recalling I was even there until I saw bank records)- I received a call from Det. Toth , APD who filled me in on what happened. Per video surveillance , I was playing slots, noticed I dropped items/ credit cards from my purse on floor, and picked up someone’s credit card, as well. While intoxicated, I did not even realize it wasn’t mine and alternated using my standard credit cards at Lottery Machine. However, it is clear now that I must have used another’s card. Det.Toth contacted me and I asked if I could reimburse victim. Yet he filed charges and retired from APD since then. I went to &finished rehab per recommendation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Breezy M Warner
Breezy M Warner
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New Albany, OH

A: If you are facing a 5th degree felony you should retain counsel on the matter to discuss possible defenses and plea deals.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.