Forest City, PA asked in Family Law and Civil Rights for Puerto Rico

Q: Hi if child is of age and no longer in mother home in puerto rico mother refuse to give birth certificate and social

Can mother get introuble by law for holding them and not giving them up

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos PRO label
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings:

As a parent you can request documents and credentials of your dependents. If they're of legal age they can request the documents themselves. If the mother prevents you from exercising your parental rights, you can file in court to validate those rights and have visitation rights as well. No, a mother cannot alienate another parent unless there are some exceptional circumstances and situations that will endanger the well-being of the minors or in circumstances that they may be at risk. You may need to hire an attorney for this matter. The information you're providing is limited. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us directly, we'll be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.