Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Puerto Rico Civil Rights Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: 20 yr old female living in Florida. I want to get married. But my father doesn’t approve. Can he force me go back to PR?


Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte answered on Sep 3, 2019

Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. In the state of Florida the legal age of majority is 18. Since you are a resident of over said age you are legally emancipated and thus are an adult byou can legally marry your boyfriend without your father's consent. You are of legal age.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Puerto Rico on
Q: Are there any resources in PR for dealing with Parental Alienation issues?

Naomi Jusino
Naomi Jusino answered on Nov 9, 2017


Under a case of custody or visitations you can allege Parental Alienation.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Education Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: Do you know of any case about Homeschooling recently?

I would like to know if there is any recent case about a violation to the right of the parents to homeschool their children.

Naomi Jusino
Naomi Jusino answered on Oct 31, 2016

No, in Puerto Rico there is no recent case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.