Asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for Illinois

Q: We agreed to sell the house in Moline at the time if the divorce,(08/09/2012). Need house sold and back rent.

We agreed to sell the house property in Moline at the time if the divorce,(08/09/2012). Included was a clause in the divorce degree that he would pay me rent if home wan NOT sold with in a 2 year period, by 08/09/2014. He has not sold the home or paid me any rent. He is still residing in the home and cohabiting with another women but not married. I need help with getting the home sold as agreed upon in divorce degree and back rent from 2014, the years he did not sell the home. The home is in both our names. 1128 11th Street Moline Il., 61265

Thank you for your help, I am now residing in Escondido CA.

Cindy Maitlen

21655 Deer Grass Dr.

Escondido, CA 92029



Alan W. Maitlen

1128 11th Street

Moline Il 61265

1 (309) 269-3662

Your Best Wealth is Health, Cindy Maitlen

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marilyn  Johnson
Marilyn Johnson

A: You need to file a Petition for Rule to Show Cause as to why he should not be held in contempt of court for violating the judgment. There are two issues . The first is that he failed to sell the house within the two year period. The second is that he failed to pay you the rent. This pleading should be filed in the county in Illinois that the judgment was entered in, assuming it was not domesticated in CA.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.