Boone, NC asked in Divorce for North Carolina

Q: do you have free forms for separation/child custody/spousal support available?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: What you are suggesting would be the functional equivalent of taking some random pill that you had no idea what it was with the idea that it might help you. And the results would likely be the same as well - maybe it helps maybe it makes things worse. Do you really want to take that risk? Your best bet is to shop around and consult with some attorneys. If these issues can be resolved by agreement with your spouse it does not have to be expensive - relatively speaking. Our firm charges a flat rate fee of $250 for most average couples to properly draft a fully comprehensive agreement specific to your needs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.