Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma

Q: MY brothers who were executor and co-executor of my mother will will not sign over my part of the mineral rights and

oil leases. it has gone through the courts and the judge has signed off on it. they have 4 years of money from one of the leases. I cant it them to answer my calls or sign anything over or even give me the name of the oil companys. do I need a lawyer ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chaille Walraven
Chaille Walraven
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law Lawyer
  • Clinton, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: As a general rule, at the completion of a probate proceeding in Oklahoma the district court will enter an order that all assets remaining in the estate be distributed to the heirs-at-law if there is no will or to the legatees/devisees if there is a will. If there was a probate proceeding you should be able to obtain a copy of this order, typically referred to as a Final Decree. An attorney can assist you in ensuring that the personal representatives properly distribute the assets to which you are entitled pursuant to this order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.