Bessemer, AL asked in Traffic Tickets for Alabama

Q: How can I get my husband a ID so he can receive chemo if he has warrants for fta on tickets?

My husband has recently been diagnosed with stage four lymphoma. He needs chemo asap but the doctors have only done one treatment and dont want to continue til he has a ID to start charity pay for medical costs and a outpatient sub abuse program(he's fought addiction for years). He is willing to do all of this but for the last three years he's had warrants for traffic tickets over his head. He is in no shape to go to jail right now but we have less than a week to get him a id and started on treatment or his doctor will dismiss him. I've tried calling where the warrants are but not getting anywhere. They keep.saying he will need bond money or he can sit it out and ive tried to explain that's not safe for him they simply don't care. He cant get a id with out also risking jail so what do we do? These are all over simple traffic tickets but the consequence of him not getting a Id is death. Please tell me where I can turn.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kate Furek
Kate Furek
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: If he has warrants for failure to pay traffic tickets, it is not the clerks who can waive the requirement that he turn himself in. In order to handle the warrants for you, the best outcome is usually obtained by hiring a lawyer in the county where the warrants are from to help you navigate this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.