Odessa, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Texas family law question: I am a single Mom with an 8 year old daughter. I have been in a relationship for 10 months.

My parents are extremely conservative and show disapproval of my boyfriend/my relationship. He’s 40, I’m 29. He has no criminal record and I don’t either. My parents say I am endangering her by letting him stay the night. He has never been abusive or anything to either of us & treats us with upmost respect. He has been married three times & my parents hold that against me. They had nothing to say when my brother/his wife lived together before marriage.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: What is your question? If it is whether your parents can gain custody of your child with the facts you have given I would say no. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.