Miami, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: What does "The Child Support Program withdrew the driver license action because the case is no longer eligible" mean?

I'm the custodial parent and i checked the status of my case and this is what was posted.... What does it mean?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson
  • North Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There are a number of actions available to the FL DOR when dealing with delinquent child support payments. One of which, is suspension of FL DL. Based on the information you provided, my interpretation is that the department was in the process of submitting a DL suspension to the FL DHSMV. However, that request was withdrawn because the department is no longer pursuing or enforcing the support case. As the petitioner/custodial parent, you should have received a letter with more detailed explanation from the DL DOR. If you did not, you should call or go by your local office when it is open to inquire about your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.