Vallejo, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Can a person in california, while in the act of committing a felony, become a victim as a result of their crime?

I served 13 yrs. In state prison, after a jury convicted me. But the D.A. never brought the victims, felony involvement, into the trial. In fact, he underplayed their role in this supposed crime. Causing me to be found guilty. Im now seeking expungement, or relief.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William M. Weinberg
William M. Weinberg pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I can’t begin to imagine what the actual facts are, but, if it involves you I would suggest talking privately to a criminal defense lawyer in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.