Norwich, CT asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Connecticut

Q: Contempt and Visitation?

I agreed to allow my ex to keep our daughter during this coronovirus outbreak. I agreed to it before I knew the facts and how low risk children are to it. I told her that the risk was low to children and the children that do get it usually have mild symptoms. I also told her no one was sick around me. She told me I agreed to let her keep her. I told her that was before I knew the facts and also made out of haste. She told me it was alright for me to go see our daughter there at her home but she aint leaving. What can I do? File contempt? Shouldnt she follow the court ordered agreement? I already have a contempt going against her for breaking a visitation agreement.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Ann Subbloie
Linda Ann Subbloie
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • New Haven, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Unfortunately, right now and for the near future, the courts are pretty much closed for most business. You can file your motion for contempt, however, it will not be heard any time soon. My suggestion is that you take her up on that offer and go there as often as possible. Maybe if you go too much, she won't like the inconvenience and finally let your daughter go with you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.