Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Child Custody Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Tax Law for Connecticut on
Q: If we have joint custody then who get to file for taxes we are not together and baby lives with me the whole year

He does owe child support 620 but tries to stay current on his child support payments he skips his visits some time a month then pops up to show up 2 or 3 time a month I support more income for our child and now he is filing for contempt because I didn't proved him our child's social sercurity card... Read more »

Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell answered on Mar 8, 2018

You need to look at your agreement. It is usually spelled out in the agreement who gets to claim the child and if he loses the right to claim the child if he is behind on child support payments.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Connecticut on
Q: I have joint custody with my ex. He lives in Georgia, I don't. Can I file for full custody??

He hasn't seen the kids in three years. All the sudden he is saying he has rights to see them, mind you my kids are 8 & 5 so don't even know who he is anymore. Can I file for full custody and be done with him for good?

Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman answered on Feb 20, 2017

Yes, you can file for that. But getting a lawyer who specializes in this area of law and can help you put together the evidence in the right way is very helpful. Here is a list of lawyers that specialize in family law near you:

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Connecticut on
Q: Do grandparents and aunts/uncles have rights to the child if the parent signs away his rights?

My brother (adopted, not sure if it is relevant) may sign away his rights to his son. Will my parents and I still have a legal right to see the baby?

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 22, 2016

Consult with a probate for family law attorney regarding your legal rights to see the baby.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.