Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: Hello! i'm a 17 year old who's currently dating a 19 year old and some problems have arose with my dad. Please help!!!

Like i said i'm 17 and they are 19. With this quarantine going on i am out of school, and currently have a lot of time on my hands so what do i do? i spend time with my significant other. We of course stay inside and are safe about the current pandemic going on and my mother knows about my whereabouts but my dad not so much as my parents are divorced/ separated and my mom has primary custody. There is visitation and i can spend the weekends with him but I've been with my mom and really i don't think there is a reason to let him know where i am every second of the day when my mom knows. He seems to have a problem with me spending so much time with them and has threatened to call the police and do something about it. Can the police actually do something? My significant other is not going onto my property im going to his and also my dad does not live at the property my significant other would be going to. (My mom has no problem with my significant other and i am residing with her)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There is nothing in your story that would suggest either a criminal or juvenile law...This sounds like a daddy-daughter issue and/or a mommy-daddy issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.