Elkridge, MD asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: I have an illness I believe was caused by dust at my workplace.

I told HR about illness. They said they would clean the dust and call their Dr and ask him if I needed an appointment. I told HR I wanted vacation because I felt so sick from the dust. HR never filled out an accident report, or sent me to Dr. I feel sick and want to visit my doctor. What should I do.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Glenn Neiman
Glenn Neiman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Warminster, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You are asking for legal advice, and that is not something you will get on forum like this. We can only provide general legal information here. Legal advice is something specific to you case, given by an attorney who represents you.

Certainly, an exposure like this can be a work injury. However, a doctor would have to determine whether you have a condition caused by your exposure at work, and whether you condition makes you disabled. I would urge you to meet with an attorney certified as a specialist in workers' compensation law, whether my firm or another of the fine attorneys on this board, and get direction specific to you case.

Alexander Palutis agrees with this answer

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You didn't say what their dr. said. You reported the issue which is a start. I would suggest that you speak with a workers compensation attorney who is a member of the Pennsylvania Assn for Justice and focuses on workers compensation, they give free compensation.. If you let me know what part of the state you are in I can better direct you.

You can go to your own doctor but comp will not pay for it until after 90 days from the date you reported it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.