Brandon, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: Can I have full custody if my ex is not feeding our girls right, or caring for them good enough?

Please i really need help. My soon to be ex husband used to work as a law enforcement for the last 15 years. He suffers from extreme ADHD which got him retired, even though he is been treated, he has problems sleeping, controlling his anger,and with concentration. My girls hate being with him,and always complain to me how not caring he is. He woke up at 2pm on school time, and he just wait for our girls to ask him what they need. He does not play with them, help them with homework and girls are in terrible distress asking me to take them home because he is just not nice. My girls are scared of him because he told them not to tell me anything if they do he will ask for full custody and they rather suffer with him because they dont want him to ask for full custody. He is retired now,and I paid him for everything he requested me. House ,car, paid his debts , paying $2,550 a month because I am the only one that works. Beside that he has threatened me as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: You need to consult with and retain a family law attorney to assist you in whatever motions or pleadings that need to be filed. Most JUSTIA attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Contact one of us today and let us know that you found us on JUSTIA. Good luck.


B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.