Chicago, IL asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Do I have to send my 6 year old to PA for visit during the stay at home order?

I am the legal custodian of a 6 year old. Biological parents are not in Ohio they live 4 hours away in PA. They have a court order for visitation at their residence the first weekend of the month. I'm worried at the distance and because my husband is at higher risk and we have no idea or way to know who she would be exposed to while there.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony C. Satariano
Anthony C. Satariano

A: The short answer is: Yes.

The stay at home order does not change court ordered visitation and if you do not comply with the court order, you will be in contempt and subject to the associated penalties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.