Cincinnati, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: i got a girl pregant and she doent want anything to do with me.

what can i do so that this doesnt ruin my future and that she cannot come and try to get money from me if she doesnt want to be in my life

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony C. Satariano
Anthony C. Satariano

A: Nothing.

If you are the biological father of a child, you are legally obligated to help support that child until it reaches the age of 18 and graduates from high school. It does not matter if you have any parental rights, or what those rights might look like, the law allows her to pursue child support and there is no way to avoid that responsibility.

I highly suggest consulting a family law/custody lawyer who may be able to help you negotiate a parenting plan/custody arrangement that fits everyone's needs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.