Baxley, GA asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Florida

Q: Can I get some advice please on what or how will it be the easiest but fastest way to get a friend out of jail?

Hi, I'm Zach. I’m writing in an attempt to help a close friend get released ASAP from jail due to the impending threat of the COVID-19 pandemic. I understand that many nonviolent offenders are being released. He has a serious medical condition, Hepatitis-C which has not been treated since his incarceration. Without proper testing and medication it can cause permanent damage and lead to death. In regards to his case, he is being held due to being a felon in possession of fire arms, which even according to the police report he was only a passenger in the vehicle, the driver had run when the police arrived, and the car did not belong to him. He’s served up to 6 months in the jail, has not spoken with his previous public defender for some time prior to him withdrawing from the case, and has yet to meet/speak with a new one yet. Time served or probation if charges are unable to be dropped, possibly? Just very concerned & need him back home safely! Thanks!

1 Lawyer Answer
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hire a lawyer and have him file a motion to release him/her on bond pending the resolution of the charges...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.