Fort Collins, CO asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: What can I do to enforc my right to due process? my right to a lawyer was stolen by police when they lied "ERRORED"

No due process? I was not given a lawyer and falsely arrested for fleeing. I committed no crime and video shows no probable cause to pull me over. I was pursued 2 blocks from home where officers were on a call from a caller who said I was dead. (NOT SUICIDAL) dead because of suicide. It was obvious I was alive, I was persued for DUI instead without PC. Instead of being booked, I was taken to er, admitted to be medically checked out from police takedown when false accused of throwing a needle. I was believed to be under influence and police request utox screen, result is neg. involuntarily checked in for psych eval and unarrested after admitted. I had no therapist but police said I was being held based on what my therapist told police. This same person said I was not suicidal and was my friend who held LPC license/ records show implied consent. there was none ever I was forced meds, transferred to pych unit with no admit DX. held 12 days no court ord

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Avery
James Avery
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Local police investigations can sometimes be obtained by reporting an egregious event to the FBI, or Internal Investigations of the subject police department.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.