Hollywood, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I was sentenced to 70 months with credit of 60 that I did but they are making me do my gain time for the 60 again and I

I want to know why I have to do my gain time again after the judge said credit for 60 months I’m a green case I was only supposed to be doing 10 months

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Fayard
Michael Fayard
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sarasota, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Unfortunately, we need a lot more details to properly discuss this issue with you.

Generally, a lawyer can file a motion to correct sentence to get the proper sentence if an order was entered incorrectly.

You should contact your lawyer to address this issue and see what can be done.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.