Frisco, TX asked in Health Care Law for Oklahoma

Q: Hospital Bill For Test never received.

I just recently got a notification that a medical account in my name was sent to collections. After further evaluation it was from a time that I went to the ER and here is what happened:

I was super sick one time and decided to stay at my parents house. I’ll skip the symptoms. My parents decided it would be best to take me to the ER. We got there and we sat for two hours. All we did was check in and wait amongst others. There was no triage (although there should have been become some waiting were in terrible shape). Anyways, once the third hour came around my mom decided to take me back home since it was almost morning at this point. We left and went to an urgent care later on.

Anyways, the hospital is saying they did a Flu A and Flu B swab that supposedly came back negative. However, either I or my parents would remember if one was done and we do not. Matter of fact my parents were so mad that we weren’t even acknowledged that we ended up leav

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. You could contest the charges, raising the argument you make here. But that could sometimes be a difficult argument to make after the matter has escalated to the collection stage and the facility has properly coded bills and they claim that their earlier efforts were not acknowledged. If you are unable to come to a resolution, based on the amount of the bill, you could look into a brief consult with a collection defense attorney for their input. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.