Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Hospital Bill For Test never received.

I just recently got a notification that a medical account in my name was sent to collections. After further evaluation it was from a time that I went to the ER and here is what happened:

I was super sick one time and decided to stay at my parents house. I’ll skip the symptoms. My parents... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on May 2, 2020

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. You could contest the charges, raising the argument you make here. But that could sometimes be a difficult argument to make after the matter has escalated to the collection stage and the facility has properly coded... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: "Sane" mother refusing all healthcare, what can we do? Will family caregiver be in trouble if something happens to mom?

Mothers already bad health is rapidly declining and she refuses to be taken to any Dr. My sis lives with her and tries to care for her but mom is being extremely difficult and we are afraid my sister will be in legal trouble for not getting her help, if she dies. All of our family has tried every... Read more »

David Humphreys
David Humphreys answered on Feb 1, 2020

Hire an elder law attorney for a consultation. Call her doctor and report what is happening. Talk to her and ask her why she doesn’t want to live. Tell her how it makes you feel that she doesn’t want to live.

Get real.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it legal for a hospital to require a copy of our Federal income tax return when I am paying faithfully every month?

I have already provided copies of all our income, including bank statements for both our checking and savings accounts, copies of our Social Security allotments, and current copies of all our monthly checks from our retirement and financial investments for IRAs, etc.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 10, 2019

An Oklahoma attorney could answer you best, as insurance practices are governed by state law. But your question remains open for two weeks. As a general matter, if someone is paying full fare for insurance coverage, they shouldn't have to disclose personal financial information. If their plan... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Girlfriend at hospital in labor. They wanted to break her water to speed it up and she told them no and they held

Her down and did it against her will. Wasn't an emergency doctor just wanted to "get it over with"

Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud answered on Apr 12, 2019

Possibly she has a claim for assault and battery against the doctors and the hospital.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Collections, Health Care Law and Small Claims for Oklahoma on
Q: can i sue my mom for not paying my medical bills even though I'm 18

she promised me and my dad that she would help contribute to my medical bills but hasn't given a cent. once i met the deductible this year, she went and got a sleep study. last year when i met the out of pocket she went and had nose surgery. i live with my dad but i am on her health insurance... Read more »

Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud answered on Apr 9, 2019

If your mother agreed to pay your medical bills, then, legally, you can sue.

However, it may not be in your best interests, in the long run, to do this. A lawsuit will likely take you several years and cost you a lot of money. It could also destroy any relationship you may have with your...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How can I spending down my wife's life insurance benefit ($100K) while receiving medicare and medicaid benefit?

My wife just passed away and I am currently living in a renting house.

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad answered on Sep 6, 2018

Medicaid is extremely complicated and it would be impossible to provide an answer based upon your scenario. For instance, you were not clear whether you or your wife is the person receiving benefits.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Estate Planning, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it illegal to resuscitate a person who has a valid DNR order signed by competent individual?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 21, 2017

Not if in the judgement of the doctor it was medically appropriate. DNR doesn't mean don't do squat. It means if there is a situation where recussitation merely prolongs brain dead life (or other qualification) don't resucitate)

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Consumer Law, Health Care Law and Employment Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am a member of a non-profit called Christian Healthcare Ministries.It is a ministry where members share members health

insurance costs.It is not an insurance company so they have a pre-existing condition limitation.Pre-existing is defined as having symptons, signs or treatment within 1 year of joining.I joined in April 2016.I had a condition in Aug 2014 and last visit for it was Dec 2014.I had another incident in... Read more »

Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Apr 20, 2017

Whether you have any legal recourse depends on the contents of your contract with the organization and with their own established past practices. You should take your paperwork to an attorney familiar with contract law and review it with him or her in detail.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My step daughter has told us her mom take her to pick up "medicine" at a bar and leaves her in the car which scares her.

There has been numerous things she's gone through.. We don't have the money to hire a lawyer and fight.. We have Dhs reports and police reports.. We are wondering if we could request an emergency order?

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean answered on Apr 10, 2017

Need more information for a better answer.

1. How old is girl?

2. Day or Night?

3. How long are "visits"?

4. Does girl here cellphone to call 911 next time?

Your husband should immediately call mom, tell her stop immediately or go to court. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.