Vancouver, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: if a 21 year old sent a few nudes to a 13 year old and she got in his car, what would police do to the 21 year old?

i recently went to the police station and reported a 21 year old man sending nudes to me and getting me into his car, he never sexually touched me or even talked to me in his car and let me out after 30 seconds. (i’m 13) i know the nudes are illegal but i was just wondering what they’d do to him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: If he doesn't have any prior history, it's probably just the misdemeanor of "Communicating with a Minor for Immoral Purposes". Can carry jail, but doesn't necessarily. Does include requirement to register as a sex offender.

If he does have prior criminal history, can be a totally different situation.

Since you will be listed as the victim in the case, you can call the police and they will update you on what happens to him. Once the case is forwarded to the prosecutor's office, you can also call them and they will give you updates and let you know what is going to happen.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.